Monday, April 27, 2009

Seamaster II

Went to Lily Pond on Sat, April 25, and got in 4-5 more flights. No wind at all. Very pleased with the results! It has plenty of power with this motor/battery/prop combination. I had set my timer to 8 mins and I used 1000 mah or less, several less than 800 mah, on all the flights. I used Vaseline on the wing saddle and not a dropof water got into the plane.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Seamaster II maiden flight

Took its first flight Sunday, 4-19 at the KVMA Pattees Pond float fly event. All went well. Very pleased with the results.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Supercub cowl

Had to sand the PVC motor spacer to get the proper offset angle for motor thrust. Rough cut the cowl and mounted for the photos.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Page Supercub finally back on the building table.

Started working on this kit after over a year of being "set aside" for other projects. Did a lot of sanding on the fuselage and test mounted the motor. Using a piece of PVC pipe for spacing. Need to cut out the cowl openings for motor and air. Then more sanding.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Seamaster II

Added name and numbers to the wing. I think this is finally done. Now just need ice out!